Qubbat Affendina Royal Family Mausoleum, Cairo
The new mausoleum of the Egyptian Royal Family within the so-called “City of the Dead” in Cairo was built in 1894 as a resting place of Khedive Tawfiq. It is an outstanding and pioneering piece of the Mamluk Revival style.
The comprehensive architectural conservation of the entire building included replacement of the supporting structure under the royal tomb-markers, mitigation measures against rising damp, and fine conservation of various fabrics.The work was funded by the Ministry of Religious Foundations (Awqaf) through Prince Ababs Hilmi.
2004-2008. Northern Cemetery, Cairo.
Project Director: Agnieszka Dobrowolska.